Warm Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, stem ends trimmed off
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup. fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fused Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Shave or slice the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife coupled with decent knife skill.
In a large sauté pan, heated the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Begin by sautéeing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved brussels sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened and also begin to caramelize on the edges.
Add lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine. Serve drizzled with Lemon Olive Oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.