Sesame Chickpea Soup Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 1 tbsp. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- 1 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, cumin seeds, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
Add carrots and soften for 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, broth and 1 cup of water, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
In blender or food processor, puree 2 cups of the soup until smooth, then stir back into pot. Stir in mint, lemon balsamic and sesame oil to finish.