Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh beets
- 8 oz. Chevre (fresh goat cheese)
- 6 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup whole pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Mango Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon good quality grainy mustard fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 400. Trim the beets and wrap in one foil packet drizzled with a tablespoon of water. Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced through with a knife. Once the cooked beets are cool enough to handle, peel them by rubbing the skin off between paper towels.
Cut the peeled beets in to 1" pieces and toss with 2 tablespoons of Plum White Balsamic whisked together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, whisk the remaining Plum Balsamic with the grainy mustard until well combined. Slowly drizzle in your olive oil, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened or emulsified. Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
Arrange the greens in a bowl or on a platter and dress with the Plum White Balsamic vinaigrette. Add the marinated roasted beets to the salad, along with the crumbled fresh goat cheese and toasted pecans.