Potato Leek Soup Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 3 tbsp. Milanese Gremolata Infused Oil
- 4 leeks, white and light green parts, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , smashed
- 2 pounds of yellow or white potatoes,
- 7 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cream
- chives, finely chopped
Smash the garlic, chop the leeks and cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Put the oil into a soup pot and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and leeks, let them soften for 8-10 minutes.
Add the potatoes, stock, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then cover, turning the heat down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes or soft.
Fish out the bay leaves and thyme springs, then puree the soup with either a hand held immersion blender or a food processor, until all is smooth, return to soup pot and add cream.
You can add 1 TBSP of curry for a little added flavour or a cup of old cheddar to make creamier. Top with fresh chives.