Lemony Chickpea, Leek and Spinach Soup Recipe
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tsps. Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 medium leeks, light parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 x 16oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsps. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- 2 x 5 oz. bags baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper
Heat Lemon Olive Oil over medium heat. Add leeks. Cook 5-7 minutes or until tender but not browned. Stir in chickpeas and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Add broth and the water. Bring to boil and then reduce heat. Add the lemon balsamic and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in spinach and thyme. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.