Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- 1 cup Divina Roasted Red Tomatoes, drained (reserve 4 tbsp of marinade)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb Fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
Position rack in upper 1/3 of oven and pre-heat to 400° F
In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes until smooth. Add a steady stream of water with the motor running to thin sauce to desired consistency. Set aside.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and coat in reserved tomato marinade. Heat a grill pan (or gas grill) over medium high heat. Add chicken to pan and cook, turning once, about 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
Transfer chicken to baking sheet and spread roasted tomato sauce over the top of each piece. Sprinkle parmesan over top and follow with sliced mozzarella.
Bake until chicken is cooked through and cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Set oven to broil and continue to cook until cheese is bubbly and golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes.