Ginger-Lime Chicken with Salsa Recipe
Prep: 20 minutes
Marinade: 1 hour (up to 8)
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsps. Persian Lime Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. grated lime rind
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
In bowl whisk together oil, lime rind, mustard and gingerroot. Add chicken, turning to coat well. Marinate, covered for at least an hour, but up to 8.
On medium-heat greased grill, cook chicken for 4-6 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
Serve with Salsa below.
- For Salsa:
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups, seeded peeled tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Coconut White Balsamic
- ½ tsp. sugar
- pinch salt
Broil or grill red pepper until charred on all sides, about 15 minutes. Let cool, peel, seed and chop. Set aside in bowl.
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for 3-5 minutes until softened but not browned. Add to red pepper along with tomatoes, coriander, mint, balsamic, sugar and salt. Salsa can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day. Makes about 2 cups.