Open-Faced Tonnino Tuna Bites
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Makes: 4-6 servings
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Italian Fig Balsamic
- ¼ cup Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 jar Tonnino tuna fillets
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- 1 loaf crusty bread
Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking garlic, Italian Fig Balsamic, and Dijon in a small bowl. Continue whisking and add Lemon Olive oil in a slow steady stream. Season the mix with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, gently mix tuna, olives, and onion with 2 -3 tbsps. of vinaigrette.
Slice some of the crusty bread and brush each slice of bread with the vinaigrette to lightly grill. Top with tuna mixture.
Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over each piece and garnish with slivered green onion.