Neopolitan Grilled Eggplant
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium eggplant (3/4 pound), peeled and sliced about 1/3" thick
Preheat an outdoor charcoal or gas grill or grill pan until smoking hot. Brush eggplant slices on each side with 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil and arrange slices on grill to cover without crowding. Cook eggplant until well marked, 3 to 6 minutes, then turn slices over.
Cook until tender, about 3 minutes more.
Pour the marinade into a shallow dish and dip the hot slices into the marinade and set aside. Continue grilling and dipping the eggplant until all the slices are cooked and seasoned. Spoon the rest of the marinade over the cooked eggplant and cover the dish with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours (or refrigerate for longer).
Serve at room temperature.