Neapolitan Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 1½ hours
Makes: 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsps. Garlic Olive Oil
- 3 lb. chicken pieces
- 3 tbsps. all-purpose flour
- 1 can plum tomatoes (28 oz.) undrained and chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup Neapolitan Herb Balsamic
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb. mushroom, sliced
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 1 tsp. each fresh oregano and basil, chopped
- ½ tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add garlic oil to a large skillet and heat over medium. Dredge chicken pieces in flour and cook, turning often for 15-20 minutes or until well browned all over. Transfer to 12 cup baking dish.
Discard all but 2 tbsps. of fat from the skillet. Add tomatoes and juices, olives, wine, garlic, mushrooms, balsamic, oregano, basil and pepper. Stir to scrape up brown bits at bottom of pan and pour over chicken.
Bake, loosely covered, for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear when pierced.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.