Hearty Vegetable Chowder Recipe
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp. Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cups cabbage, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup potato, chopped
- 2 cups white turnip, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cups fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. each of thyme, basil, oregano, salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Heat the rosemary oil in a large stockpot over high heat. Add the onions and cabbage and cook for 2 -3 minutes. Add the garlic, potato, turnip, carrots, corn, fennel and tomatoes. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then add the stock and milk.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add the herbs. Simmer for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with fresh parsley.