Basil-Ginger Chicken Shish Kebabs Recipe
Prep: 20 minutes
Marinade: 2 hours
Cook: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- ½ cup Basil Olive Oil
- ½ cup Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps. Metropolitan Chef Basil Ginger Chicken Rub – available at Collingwood Olive Oil Co. (sesame seeds, basil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, ginger)
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 skewers
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sized zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, quartered and separated into pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
Whisk the olive oil, white balsamic, garlic, and Basil Ginger Chicken Rub together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
If skewers are wooden, soak in water for about 30 minutes before use.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess liquid. Discard the remaining marinade. Alternately thread pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini onto the skewers.
Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides, and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.